In today’s fast moving, ever changing digital world, you have to invest in effective marketing strategies that resonate with your audience to get your brand noticed. By incorporating an influencer PR strategy into your strategic digital marketing plan, you have a better opportunity to really connect with potential customers.
Unlike any other marketing tactic. consumers find influencers more trustworthy than brands.
Consider the following facts:
- The average consumer has 8.4 social media accounts
- Over 60% of marketers report that influencer marketing outperforms other type of marketing
- 93% of marketers have used influencer marketing
- Influencer generated content outperforms brand posts
And this is exactly the kind of advertising connections you should be looking for.
Below, we’ve outlined why your brand needs an influencer PR strategy, and how you can create one.
Hearing about the advantages of a product or service first-hand is one of the best ways to effectively boost brand awareness.
With social media taking over the digital world, word-of-mouth publicity has evolved into influencer marketing. Influencer marketing involves collaborating with carefully selected social media influencers in an effort to get more people to notice your brand on a myriad of social media platforms.
Is it effective? Yes.
Is it a more lucrative investment compared to traditional marketing? Well, it depends on what industry you are in and how you leverage influencers that complement your brand.
One thing is for certain, though. Compared to more traditional marketing tactics, social media influencers are considered more credible. Influencers are great brand ambassadors because they tell people what they honestly think.
If you team up with an influencer that loves what you offer, he or she will be able to authentically sell your product or service.
Social media influencers introduce their whole following to your brand. This can make it easier for you to reach a new target demographic.
If a well-loved influencer gives your brand the stamp of approval, then your business will automatically have more credibility in the eyes of that influencer’s following.
Apart from email marketing, influencer PR marketing is one of the most cost-effective PR tools. If you have a set budget to work with, you can collaborate with influencers that are in line with the amount of compensation you can offer.
Up and coming influencers who are still finding their feet are a great option for brands that want to spend their marketing budget as efficiently as possible.
Consumers are tired of traditional and digital adverts. In general, conventional ads are viewed with skepticism and as closed-off, one-sided conversations.
However, with influencers, you have the opportunity to start a conversation on a particular topic. Your brand isn’t the main focus of the conversation. Instead, it can feature as an add-on or a solution to a specific problem that is mentioned in the conversation.
Most influencers will only endorse products that they have used themselves. After all, they also have a reputation to maintain. Moreover, they share a strong connection with their followers, making them a trusted and credible ally to have in the marketing sphere.
Unlike traditional marketing efforts, the success of influencer marketing is a lot easier to track. In the past, the success of traditional PR campaigns was mostly guessed through the impact they had on sales. But it was never an exact science as monthly sales were subject to a myriad of factors.
However, the emergence of digital marketing has made it possible to accurately measure the success of PR campaigns. A variety of metrics can be used to measure the performance of a social media influencer campaign. These include metrics like brand mentions, social media likes, referral traffic, click-through rates, and revenue.
If you have set your sights on creating your own influencer marketing strategy, we have the action steps to get you started.
- Create a budget. A well-thought-out budget is the first step to figuring out how much money you can allocate to influencer marketing. It will also help you to monitor your spending and see what marketing avenues are truly lucrative for your business.
- Outline your unique goals and brand message. Knowing what your goals are will help you to focus on your unique brand needs. This will enable you to find the right influencer.
- Determine your target audience. You have to invest time and effort in various research initiatives that will allow you to hone in on your target audience. At first, you can target more widely, but to see results you will have to narrow your reach. The more intentional you are with your marketing initiatives, the more successful you will be.
- Identify potential influencers. You need to build long-lasting relationships with influencers who align with your goals and target audience.
- Measure your campaign results. Unique hashtags, affiliate codes, tracking links, and revenue are great ways of monitoring your marketing efforts. Be sure to use all of them to determine the effectiveness of each of the influencers you collaborate with.
With the right influencers by your side, you can take your brand to the next level. By doing your research, monitoring the effectiveness of your campaigns, and collaborating with people that believe in your brand, you will be one step closer to achieving success.