The Hoyt Organization (THO), (www.hoytorg.com), a Torrance-based, strategic public relations firm named one of the top PR firms in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal, is seeking an initiative-seeking self-starter with the ability to write great copy to join our team as our newest intern. We are seeking rising college juniors or seniors who are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications or Journalism to join us beginning in mid-May through mid-August. We’re open to those that have graduated in spring 2023 with the possibility of it turning into something more for the right person!
Part-time: Paid internship is for 18 to 24 hours per week.
Assist account team with client day-to-day work to include:
- media list building
- database management
- develop monthly client reports
- graphic design
- assist new business team with pitch presentations
- general administrative work
Additionally, you will also be assisting the account team with social media tasks including:
- develop social media content calendars
- create graphics that align with client brand identity
- hashtag bank research
- posting across various social media channels
- Strong writer
- Able to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work as both a member of a team and independently
- Positive and articulate communicator
- Personable with a sense of humor
- Computer skills (Canva, HootSuite, Adobe Creative Suite and Photoshop as well as any other social media tools is a plus!)
- Preference given to candidates local to our Torrance, CA office
If you’re looking for a resume boosting opportunity in a creative environment with a great team of people, please submit your resume to our office manager, Amy Mosher, at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.