How To Successfully Launch And Execute PR For The Hospitality & Travel Industry
The hospitality and travel industries are quite competitive. New businesses and destinations constantly enter the market, making it harder for existing businesses to stand out.
If you want to make sure your business stands out from its competitors, it’s time to consider public relations. A successful PR strategy and campaign can help your business gain exposure and establish credibility in the market.
Here are a few steps to get you started on launching and executing a successful PR plan for the hospitality and travel industry.
A solid strategy will help cut through the noise and make your message stand out. The trick is to get people all excited and eager to use your new products or services for their upcoming trip.
- Create goals: Concrete goals are based on research of what has worked and hasn’t worked for you and your competitors before.
- Identify your target audience: Doing so will help you craft the right messages for them and determine the best channels to use for communication.
- Set realistic timelines: Having a timeline in place helps ensure you finish all tasks in time.
- Create compelling content: Content is king when it comes to PR, so make sure that you come up with content that is both informative and engaging.
In 2021, two-thirds of the revenue in the travel and hospitality industry came from online sources.
For your travel and hospitality business to have a strong presence online to grab the attention of new customers:
- Ensure your website is up-to-date and presentable. This will be the first impression potential customers have of your business. Make sure that all content on the website is relevant and informative, as this will help bolster your credibility. Also ensure that your site is mobile-friendly.
- Invest in search engine optimization and social media marketing to improve your visibility online.
- Send out different kinds of content including videos, blog posts, and infographics.
- Have a consistent brand message across all online channels.
Media outreach is an essential part of any PR strategy for the hospitality and travel industries. Building relationships with local, national, and international media outlets will help you gain exposure for your business.
Don’t wait till the last minute to start reaching out to the media. Most media outlets are booked months in advance, so start connecting with the media way before you launch your PR campaign.
Research and identify the key media outlets that are relevant to your industry and target audience. Establish concrete relationships with reporters, editors, and producers at these media outlets, then create press releases for major announcements or initiatives that you’re launching to create “buzz” and get your message out there.
A unique selling point (USP) is a feature or benefit of your business that differentiates it from the competition. It’s important to identify and showcase your USP when launching PR campaigns so you can stand out from the competition.
Ask yourself, what can you offer that other businesses do not offer? Is what you’re offering the most important thing to your target audience? Use your USPs to craft compelling stories and as a hook to engage with potential customers.
Influencers make it easy to communicate your USPs to target audiences and show them how they benefit from your offerings. Reach out to popular influencers that align with your brand values, so that they can help you reach a wider audience.
Having influencers who vouch for you will help to gain the trust of potential customers and improve your brand image.
Promotional offers are effective in creating a “buzz” around your business, as well as driving sales. Offer discounts or special deals on certain travel and hospitality packages to get the attention of potential customers.
Promote your offers on social media and other online platforms to reach more people.
The launch of your hospitality and travel industry PR campaign is the most important part of your efforts. It should be unforgettable.
Here’s how to make a great first impression and grab people’s attention right away:
- Address the media and unveil any new initiatives or products.
- Give media and influencers free real-life experiences and tours of the property.
- Invite industry experts and thought leaders to speak at launch events.
- Post stories, photos, and videos about your property on social media channels.
- Organize a launch event with celebrity guests or influencers to draw attention.
- Include an interactive element in your launch, such as contests or giveaways.
- Create a unique hashtag that you can use in all your social media and PR campaigns.
If you’re looking for the right expertise to help you, consider hiring a PR agency that specializes in the hospitality and travel industry.
At The Hoyt Organization, we can provide you with valuable insight into the most effective strategies to use for your business based on the type of product or service you offer.